The shortlist for the 2020 Neukom Institute Literary Arts Awards
for speculative fiction has been announced
2020 Neukom Awards Shortlist
- A Song for a New Day by Sarah Pinsker (Berkley, 2019)
- And Go Like This by John Crowley (Small Beer Press, 2019)
- The Archive of Alternate Endings by Lindsey Drager (Dzanc Books, 2019)
- Dead Astronauts by Jeff VanderMeer (Farrar, Strauss and Giroux, 2019)
- The Divers’ Game by Jesse Ball (Ecco, 2019)
- Exhalation by Ted Chiang (Knopf, 2019)
- Naamah by Sarah Blake (Riverhead Books, 2020)
- Pigs by Johanna Stoberock (Red Hen Press, 2019)
- Tears of the Trufflepig by Fernando A. Flores (Farrar, Strauss and Giroux, 2019)
- War Girls by Tochi Onyebuchi (Razorbill, 2019)
- Zero Bomb by M. T. Hill (Titan Books, 2019)
Awards for both the debut and open book categories will be announced during the summer.
Each award winner will receive a $5,000 honorarium that is typically presented during a Dartmouth-hosted panel discussion about the genre and the winning works.
The Neukom Institute for Computational Science at Dartmouth College is dedicated to supporting and inspiring computational work. The Literary Arts Awards is part of the Neukom Institute’s initiative to explore the ways in which computational ideas impact society.