Mock Food links
- retro-food.com on Mock Chicken Salad (and see her Curried Fake Chicken Salad);
- the old foodie on How to Fake an Oyster (including a recipe for brains);
- the old foodie on Mock Chocolate Soup;
- some Australian mock food at unusual coleslaw;
- an article "In Praise of Mock Food" by Patricia Roberts in Gastronomica 3 (2003) (abstract here);
- "Faux Gras" - eddybles on mock food;
- Heston Blumenthal's Mock Turtle Soup (serves 500).
Here's the family's attempt at Mock Whiting:
The recipe ("Fried Cucumber") is can be found here.
The recipe ends with the hope that,
"Probably you will find you have fried whiting."