Bell & Ross Instrument BR 01 Airborne - The Talisman Watch
"The BR 01 Airborne is an anthem to the extraordinary saga of military paratroopers. This new watch is a tribute to those brave young men who fought in one of the toughest army corps, particularly the US Airborne divisions.
The Airborne divisions were born during the Second World War. They were the first to be exposed to danger and the first ones to face death. Their most famous motto was “Death from Above” symbolised by a skull that was a reminder to them of both their power and vulnerability.
Since then, the symbol has spread to other military regiments. It is often embossed on uniforms patches or on fighter planes. The skull is a constant reminder of the omnipresence of death on each military mission."
By wearing the skull, the soldiers are attempting
to both defy death and intimidate the enemy
"The BR 01 Airborne reinvents the notion of the talisman, and personifies the very spirit of these outstanding men. It is a genuine tribute to the noblest of military values as well as to the bravery of soldiers who face death on a daily basis to defend their country."
- Movement: Automatic mechanical ETA 2892.
- Functions: Hours, minutes.
- Case: 46mm diameter. 316L glass bead blasted steel with black finishing type carbon powder coating.
- Dial: black. Photoluminescent hands and skull for optimum night readability.
- Glass: anti-reflection sapphire crystal.
- Water-resistance: 100 meters.
- Bracelet: rubber, leather or heavy-duty synthetic fabric