- the last Tasmanian thylacine (so sad) - how to be a retronaut
- good fiction reads featuring food - gherkins and tomatoes
- Australia Day menu, 1922 - the old foodie
- guide to housecat coat colours chart - moderncat
- 'an eccentrical lady' - this is probably what will happen to me - georgian london
- Elizabeth Garrett Anderson - awesome people reading
- 'work mouth' - urban dictionary
- heraclitus (podcast featuring kenodoxia) - in our time (bbc)
- defrosting your frozen words in summer - laudator temporis acti
- the best bites in Rome - parla food
- lentil spaghetti bolognese - not quite nigella
- hardly one. hardly one - Gertrude Stein's rejection letter - letters of note
- make your own grecian urn - dollar store crafts
Image: Spring (1925), Private collection.
John Brack: Latin American Grand Final, 1969.
Oil on canvas, 167.5 x 205.0 cm; NGA, Canberra; © Helen Brack.
John Brack: The new house, 1953
Oil on canvas on board, 127.0 x 55.8 cm; Private collection, Brisbane; ; © Helen Brack.
John Brack: Collins St, 5p.m., 1955
Oil on canvas, 114.6 x 162.9 cm; NGV, Melbourne; © National Gallery of Victoria.
One day my own pottery will be as beautiful as these 'milk bottles' and mixing bowls from Bison. Bison, based outside Canberra, was started by a classicist.